The Wrestling Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/07/2023 9:03 pm  #1

Rebooking the Rumble

Give me your BEST Royal Rumble winner rebook... the year, who and why!

12/07/2023 9:06 pm  #2

Re: Rebooking the Rumble

Have Daniel Bryan win instead of Batista, as it was tone def as hell.

12/08/2023 2:03 am  #3

I always thought Ziggler should’ve won in 2013, the reigning Mr MITB winning the Rumble would’ve been a cool story and he was never as hot as he was at that time

12/08/2023 9:51 am  #4

As a new gen fan, 1995 is one. Wasting Owen, Backland is rough. Also the 60 seconds is way to short, I get there's a ton of jobbers in there (sorry Well Dunn), but it gives the match no time to breath. 

I'd have Luger win and give him one run, as Diesel just wasn't doing it. 

12/08/2023 10:32 am  #5

Ziggler in 2013 is interesting for sure... who does he face at WM? Del Rio?

1995 I think Michaels as winner works, but they did waste so much of the talent in the match.

12/08/2023 1:11 pm  #6

Was Del Rio hot enough to win it in 2011? He wins MITB later in the year...maybe because that year of creative was trash, they couldn't think of anybody else.

12/08/2023 5:48 pm  #7

JT wrote:

Ziggler in 2013 is interesting for sure... who does he face at WM? Del Rio?

1995 I think Michaels as winner works, but they did waste so much of the talent in the match.

Yeah, I have him facing Del Rio at Mania, to a quick pin,  beatdown then immediately cashing in to win the title

12/11/2023 5:02 pm  #8

1989 is an interesting one. It's before there was the WrestleMania title match on the line. So really anyone could have won that make free of consequence.  Not to take away Big John Studd's most enduring achievement, but almost anyone else would have been a better choice.  When almost every big show ended with Hogan posing, it falls a little flat when the most lukewarm babyface stands tall at the end.

Hulk Hogan is an obvious choice since they were going with him as at WrestleMania 5. The problem is that Hogan would win the next two Rumbles. Having him win 3 in a row risks the Royal Rumble turning into the Bunkhouse Stampede,  in which Dusty won every year so who gives a damn.
Ultimate Warrior would have been a good one, if only to spare use from that brutally long pose down segment.
If they had known what Royal Rumble would become,  Andre winning it would have been good for the legacy of the match. Just so you would have that legendary name on the list of winners.
Bad News Brown had feuds going with Hogan and Savage at the time. That would have been a good boost for Bad News and maybe helped the house show matches.

12/12/2023 12:09 pm  #9

mrwednesdaynight wrote:

1989 is an interesting one. It's before there was the WrestleMania title match on the line. So really anyone could have won that make free of consequence. Not to take away Big John Studd's most enduring achievement, but almost anyone else would have been a better choice. When almost every big show ended with Hogan posing, it falls a little flat when the most lukewarm babyface stands tall at the end.

Hulk Hogan is an obvious choice since they were going with him as at WrestleMania 5. The problem is that Hogan would win the next two Rumbles. Having him win 3 in a row risks the Royal Rumble turning into the Bunkhouse Stampede, in which Dusty won every year so who gives a damn.
Ultimate Warrior would have been a good one, if only to spare use from that brutally long pose down segment.
If they had known what Royal Rumble would become, Andre winning it would have been good for the legacy of the match. Just so you would have that legendary name on the list of winners.
Bad News Brown had feuds going with Hogan and Savage at the time. That would have been a good boost for Bad News and maybe helped the house show matches.

This is a good one... 1989 for sure had so many better possibilities than what they went with.

Board footera